Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases that exist and can be life-taking if not treated at the correct time. So what exactly causes cancer? Cancer is a kind of mutations which causes damage in the cells. The damaged or broken-down cancer cells can spread themselves and damage other cells and develop tumours. Cancers are of various types and breast cancer is one of the harmful types of cancer. Breathlessness, numbness, urinating problems, constant pain etc are some of the metastatic breast cancer symptoms.
In breast cancer, the breast cells develop cancer and are very likely to spread very fast to other parts. Mainly, the cells of lobules and ducts are infected which may be later transported to other cells. There are various stages of breast cancer depending upon its spread or tumour size. Breast cancer is treated according to the stage in which a person is diagnosed.
What Are The Symptoms Of Breast Cancer?
Following are the most common symptoms of breast cancer:
- Suddenly developed lump on the breasts indicate breast cancer. Note that the lump should be the one which has recently developed.
- Breast pain along with slight redness over the skin of breasts.
- Swelling on the breasts and also fluid discharge from the nipple which may be blood or any other fluid except milk.
- Swelling under the arm may also indicate breast cancer. Again, the swelling should be sudden or recently noticed.
- Breast pain and changes in the colour of breast skin can also indicate breast cancer.
One should very necessarily know that the above symptoms do not necessarily indicate breast cancer. Although, one should immediately refer to a medical expert if any of the symptoms appear as there is a high possibility of cancer developing.
What Are The Treatments Of Breast Cancer?
There are various treatment options for breast cancer such as stage 4 breast cancer treatment and so on. But without knowing the ongoing stage, the extent to which it has spread and the size of the tumour, no medical expert can suggest a treatment option which can be the most appropriate. Although, the following are the possible treatment options for breast cancer:
- Surgery: Various types of surgery options are available depending upon the condition and stage. There is surgery available for removing a single infected breast, removing both the breast to prevent spread, removal of lymph nodes and removal of infected tissues.
- Medications: There are various types of breast cancer medication available which can result in preventing the spread or reducing the pace of the spread of cancer cells to other body parts.
Seeing to the consequences of carelessness in a disease like cancer one should ensure that no ignorance is performed if any of the symptoms appear. One should immediately attend a cancer specialist.