A dental implant is a process that involves one or more surgical procedures. This surgical procedure is ideal for you if you want to replace missing teeth but do not want to wear dentures. Dental implants are available at almost every clinic you can find. But you should keep in mind that you must first have a comprehensive dental evaluation before placing a dental implant. In addition to having a dental exam, it is important that you have a healthy jaw, which will ensure implant protection, healthy oral tissues, and good health.
Here is what to do if you are about to transfer a dental implant:
- Thorough dental exam. Dental implants are different than tooth extraction. This is why preparing for comprehensive dental exams such as dental x-rays, CT scans, and oral exams are so important. These dental exams will prevent possible dental problems during and after tooth implantation.
- Don’t eat or drink for 8-12 hours. This limitation only applies to patients who will not be using local anesthesia during the implantation procedure. If you are sedated, your doctor or dentist will advise you not to eat or drink during this period. This will minimize nausea after the procedure.
- Maintain a good physical condition. As with any surgery, you must ensure that you are in good physical condition prior to treatment. Avoid activities that can cause fever, colds, or the flu. A healthy diet and proper exercise can help maintain your health.
- Take prescribed medication. Your doctor or dentist will prescribe an antibiotic, which you should take one hour before implantation. Do this according to the instructions. Also, if you know that you are allergic to something, tell your doctor so that he can give you the right medicine or plan a special treatment for you.
- Treatment of gum disease and tooth decay. Before surgery on a tooth, you will be advised to treat the cavities that cause gum disease. Why is it so important to receive treatment before surgery? This is to prevent infection of the bone around the dental implant. You can lose a dental implant, just like your natural tooth, when the infection reaches the jaw where the implant was placed.
Tooth implant Singapore is not very cheap. Also, it takes a long time for the tooth to stabilize. Therefore, people are always advised to think twice before placing an implant. It should also behave well for several months after implantation. Good behavior means that you shouldn’t constantly eat a lot of solid foods or drink acidic beverages. This is because these items can adversely affect the implantation outcome.
In conclusion, the cost of a dental implant can be quite high. However, some of the implants are very durable and can last for decades or even a lifetime.